|About this Job:
Top 3 Criteria:
- Back-End (BE) development.
- Owns code from dev to operation and support.
The role is not a leadership role at this time but could grow toward leadership depending on your willingness to learn.
Years of work experience is less important than skill set, attitude, work ethic, self-starting, learning capability, etc. But let’s say 2+ years.
On our team, we are interested in what people have done to date, but we are even more interested in what someone is capable of doing. Where they wish to take their careers while applying hard work, determination and problem-solving.
MediaValet, is the world’s first 100% cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) system.
Our solution is an application suite of cloud-based PaaS services deployed globally on the Azure platform. It includes a fully-managed API on top of multiple services including:
- asset search
- media processing
- basic orchestration / event management
- federated cloud storage
- sharded elastic scale data persistence
- identity, authorization, and policy management/enforcement
We deliver our application using a Lean-Agile approach and pride ourselves on our product, our people, and our delivery systems.
- Develop quality software in a timely, transparent manner, and help your peers do the same.
- Mentor junior / intermediate developers.
- Actually more challenging than it sounds!
Must-Have Skills / Experience:
- Software development.
- Debug, test, operate and support your code.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English.
- Team-oriented, results-based attitude and work ethic.
- Able to work with limited supervision in a startup-like environment, self-start, perform due diligence, and raise issues transparently.
- Abstract thought! Architecting, modelling, design, design patterns, SOLID, etc
- Experience developing on distributed / cloud system platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP, etc.)
Nice Skills / Experience:
- Azure Service Fabric (ASF)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Actor Model
- Unit Testing (NUnit, Jasmine)
- Writing BDD/ATDD feature scenarios, e.g., Gherkin
- Coding automated tests, based in SpecFlow
- Work as part of a team to achieve common goals in support of quality products.
- Complete projects assigned by Senior Developers or Leaders.
- Provide assistance as triaged by Technical Support.
- Continue to gain further knowledge of technical concepts outside of training and scope of work.
- Quickly absorb, understand, and resolve complicated technical issues.
- Receive and integrate constructive criticism.
- Consider and accept multiple methods of completing a task.
- The desire to learn new technologies and an overall passion for technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Articulate with a solid technical and non-technical vocabulary.
- Highly organized with the ability to identify priorities and handle shifting needs.