|About this Job:
We are looking for a well rounded carpenter’s assistant who is self-motivated (able to work independently), reliable and experienced.
A successful candidate will be responsible for the following (but is not limited to these tasks):
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards;
- Control traffic passing near, in or around work zones;
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and pneumatic tampers, or rakes;
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic, barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures;
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications;
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed;
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes;
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities;
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Ability to complete the above listed tasks with confidence;
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, to give full attention to what other people are saying
- identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems;
- Attention to Detail – Job requires candidate to be careful about detail and thorough in completing daily work tasks;
- Dependable – Job requires candidate to be reliable, responsible, and dependable while fulfilling their obligations;
- Cooperation – Job requires candidate to be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude;
- Candidate must be able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Ability to work in the following conditions: Noisy; Dusty; Excavation sites; Demolition sites; Confined Spaces; At Heights; Underground; and Outdoors.
HOURLY RATE*: $21.00 to $26.00
*Hourly rate will be based on the skills and experience presented by the selected candidate.