|About this Job:
- Assists in the preparing tenders, quotations and administers contracts for current and new projects.
- Carries out or assists Project lead with technical work for the planning, design, tendering, construction and inspection of municipal infrastructure are carried out in accordance with clients’ standards, specifications and procedures
- Plan and conducts field investigations,evaluates asset condition for a variety of planned proposals, programs, and projects pertaining to drainage infrastructure.
- Managing the flow of data from office to field, understand production schedule and adjust daily work to meet production measures
- Investigates and responds to inquiries from the public, surveyors, consultants, contractors & internal customers related to ongoing and historical projects.
- Programs, operates and maintains a variety of mechanical, digital, analogue, wireless, computerized and other equipment and systems in performing surveys, drafting, calculations, diagnostics, repairs, studies, data collection, etc.
- Prepares training course materials and provides training and functional direction to other staff members
- Carries out engineering office functions (daily log, taking-off, estimating, etc)
- Understanding of NASSCO PACP/MACP inspections or other standardise drainage inspections.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and undertake work safely, professionally, and in a team environment.
- Experience in providing customer service to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of Municipal Civil Engineering principles, practices and construction methods related to hydrology, hydraulics, storm water management, ; and the collection of infrastructure condition rating data, for example: CCTV, flow monitoring, fog and dye testing.
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e.Word, Excel, Access, and Visio), geospatial data and mapping applications such as, but not limited to, ArcGIS, qGIS, AutoCad, Microstation
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform manual and computerized mathematical calculations in an engineering environment.
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and documents, e.g. plans and profiles, surveys, Specifications, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding with all relevant regulations, statutes, standards and practices (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, OPSS, OPSD, TAC, MOE).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all organizational levels.
- Minimum class G driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to work out-of-town, for some projects from time to time.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.